Lands of SeshnelaEdit
Seshnela is divided into several regions;
- Arolanit, the largest Zzaburi relic left in Glorantha
- Castle Coast, the ruined remnants of Old Seshneg
- Kanthor's Isles, forested islands kept free of humanity by the Luatha
- Quinpolic League, a modern ambitious naval power
- Tanisor, a strong feudal kingdom seeking to reclaim the world hegemony its predecessors had.
- Tarinwood, a quiet Aldryami forest
- The Malkioni of Seshnela are divided among several creeds.
- Kanthor's Isles contains Aldryami and Beast People with the Luatha keeping them free of all humans.
- Mostali are found in the Iron Mountains.
- At the Dawn, the Malkioni inhabited cities on the coast while in the south lived the leonine Pendali.
- Hrestol defeated the Pendali in a war
- Froalar established the Kingdom of Seshneg.
- The fortunes of the Kingdom waxed and waned with struggles against the Pendali and the Galanini.
- But such suffering would only reach a peak with the Sunstop.
- In its wake, a great Plague ravaged Seshnela
- Nysaloran missionaries were the only people who could cure it.
- Their successes bred suspicion and resentment which rapidly became war
- Arkat accused the missionaries of actually spreading the disease.
- This lead to war.
- The Vampire Kings of Tanisor were cast down and the land cleansed before Arkat and his army marched into Ralios.
- At the end of the war, Gerlant ruled Seshneg while Arkat, now a traitor and an enemy, brooded in Ralios.
- Seshneg became gravely weakened by a dispute about the Royal Succession
- Its old enemy Tanisor to conquer it.
- The Jrusteli brought armies and the Abiding Book to restore Rightness to the land.
- The new kings of Seshnela soon became the God Learner Emperors of the Middle Sea Empire
- The Closing isolated the kingdom from its overseas territories in Umathela and Jrustela.
- Even their authority over Frontem, Safelster and Slontos was nominal. *The Kingdom was destroyed by the Luatha who made a great quake that shattered the land.
- Civilization survived in Tanisor, Arolanit and the Pasos Isles.
- Tanisor was the prime target of Safelster's revenge against the God Learners and brutally plundered.
- Only intervention from Pasos, Arolanit and Guhan forced Safelster to retreat. *An unplundered Pasos reformed itself to be a new banner of Malkionism.
- However it was soon overshadowed when Tanisor adopted the Rokari creed and declared itself to be the New Kingdom of Seshnela.
- Many Tanisoran knights dissented and went on to colonize the Castle Coast
- Tanisor has dominated the Seshnelan peninsula and on occasions, Safelster too.
- The Opening of the Oceans has enabled a key duchy to ally with Pasos and form the Quinpolic League to defy the King.
- Currently the King is ambitious and aims to restore the empire of his forefathers.