A sprawling Empire ruled by the Immortal Red Emperor.
Description[edit | edit source]
- The Empire is divided into three portions:
- The Empire currently controls extensive territories in Sartar, Heortland and the Zola Fel Valley
- Also known as the Evil Empire
- Early in its history, it was known by the Carmanian Empire as the New Moon heretics
Culture[edit | edit source]
- The Empire contains several diverse cultures.
- Uniting the cultures is the Lunar Way which claims to be part of each and every society in Glorantha
- The subjects of the Empire live according to their own mores; relying on the Lunars to deal with other cultures and the Empire.
- The cultural breakdown of the Empire is:
Government[edit | edit source]
- At the head of the Empire is the Red Emperor, the Son of the Red Goddess.
- The core of the Empire is the Lunar Heartlands. These are divided into nine satrapies.
- The satrapies are run by families rather than individual appointees.
- Their duties extend to collecting taxes, keeping the peace and enforcing imperial decrees.
- The satrapies often change rulers due to intense magical battles ironically called Dart Competitions
- These territories are governed by the Governor of the Western Reaches who receives the fealty of the native Carmanian satraps.
Military[edit | edit source]
- The armed forces are divided among several corps.
- In addition each Satrap maintains armed forces of their own as do important nobles.
- The troops of the Empire are a mixture of hoplites, peltasts and cavalry.
- In addition, the College of Magic has regiments of magicians.
Religion[edit | edit source]
- The Lunar Way is the state creed of the Empire.
- Being based on inclusion and tolerance, it coexists peacefully alongside the native faiths.
- The sole exception to Lunar tolerance is Orlanth; his worship is forbidden.
History[edit | edit source]
Modern Age[edit | edit source]
- The Empire began with the birth of the Red Goddess in 1220 ST
- The Goddess controlled Rinliddi
- With the help of Dara Happa, they fought the Carmanian Empire and destroyed at the Battle of the Four Arrows of Light
- When the goddess rose, the Empire controlled the eastern portions and had a close alliance with a restored Dara Happa.
- The Empire seems to have been divided into seven provinces: First Blessed, Velthil, Esvulthil, Vonlath, Henjarl, Saird and Darjiin
- However many of those provinces were allies at best.
- The remains of the Carmanian Empire were subjugated in the Blood Kings War.
- War broke out between Dara Happa and the Lunar Empire; the result of which was Dara Happan independence was crushed.
- The barbarians of southern Peloria was brought under lunar control due to the efforts of Hwarin Dalthippa.
- The empire was dismembered by the Seleran Wars; the Lunar Way only continued due to the survival of Sylila and the Western Reaches.
- Although the Empire was restored due to the efforts of HonEel, its nature was subtly changed.
- HonEel also enlarged the empire by adding Tarsh and Oraya.
- When Tarsh revolted, the southern territories were reorganized as the Lunar Provinces.
- Currently the Empire has conquered Sartar, Prax and Heortland
Sources[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.