Description[edit | edit source]
- Esrolia is a fertile land, sacred to Ernalda and the goddesses associated with her pantheon.
- It is ruled by women.
Culture[edit | edit source]
- Esrolvuli, Esrolian or the people of Esrolia are a matriarchal society.
- They make Esrolian Greenware
Government[edit | edit source]
- Esrolia has two parallel governments
Holy Country[edit | edit source]
- A Governor administers Esrolia for the Holy Country
- Beneath him are four deputies, one for the provinces of Longsi Land, South Esrolia, North Esrolia and the North March.
- Since Belintar's disappearance, the Holy Country Administration is rudderless.
Local[edit | edit source]
- The effective ruling body of Esrolia is the Grandmothers Council
- It consists of the Grandmothers of the Enfranchised Houses
- They resolve disputes between families, cities and foreigners.
- Governing the cities are the Queens
Military[edit | edit source]
Religion[edit | edit source]
- The Chief Goddesses are Imarja and Ernalda
- Orlanth is feared as an evil God yet his existence is unavoidable.
- Other gods are known in the Earth Tribe
- She has a temple in Esrola's Throne
Mythology[edit | edit source]
- Originally the lands of the Kodigvari Tribe
- The Women took power when the men all killed themselves after the Sword and Helm War.
- To defend themselves against the Great Darkness, they welcomed the protection of Kimantor
History[edit | edit source]
Dawn Age[edit | edit source]
- Esrolia thrived under the protection of Ezkankekko
- It was briefly ruled by the Empire of Light from 381 ST to 433 ST
- Arkat returned it to the Ezkankekko's rule
Imperial Age[edit | edit source]
- In 780 ST, Nochet was convulsed by riots against God Learner missionaries.
- In 795 ST, Hadalinor the Sea Duke plundered the Esrolian coast. The Sea Wall was built in response.
- In 808 ST, the Red Fleet burned down the Sea Wall and plundered Nochet.
- In 817 ST, A Slontan army invaded Esrolia and besieged Nochet. Nochet was relieved by an army of the dead although the most of Esrolia was still under Slontan rule.
- In 818 ST, Duke Orogerlant extended the conquest of Esrolia. The EWF intervened and the resulting magical attacks caused widespread destruction, such as the Airborne Fires that were sent against Nochet.
- In 825 ST, terrible storms ravaged Esrolia being the last of the Seven Hurricane Years
- In 826 ST, riots broke out again in Nochet against the God Learners. The EWF invades Esrolia and clears it of God Learners.
- In 840 ST, Slontos invaded Esrolia in the Krjalki War but the army was stalemated.
- In 842 ST, Zamodos broke the Slontan stalemate and overran most of Esrolia. Nochet surrenders to Dorvis. The EWF retaliates with a great army led by Burin which drives the Slontans back at the Battle of Derovan
- In 849 ST, the Goddess Switch caused widespread famine in Esrolia. The EWF lose control over Esrolia, making it a buffer zone again.
- In 865 ST, the EWF tried to seize control of Esrolia but withdraw under pressure from the Blackmaw
- In 866 ST, there were Scholarly Riots against the God Learners in Nochet.
- In 917 ST, the Windless Typhoon devastated Esrolia.
- In 935 ST, the Closing came to Esrolia.
- In 1000 ST, the Esrolians attacked the EWF with the help of the Shadowlands due to a payment by the Hendriki King Orstevin
- In 1035 ST, the Hendriki began their first incursions against Esrolia in the Adjustment Wars
- In 1050 ST, the Devastation of the Vent occurred.
- In 1055 ST, the Hendriki control over Esrolia was at its greatest.
- In 1075 ST, the Esrola War began with a magical attack by the Grandmothers Council
- in 1080 ST, the Grandmothers Council was cursed by the Priests of Sacred Ezel. A ghost army attacked Nochet bringing an end to the Esrola War.
Modern Age[edit | edit source]
- In 1120 ST, the Dragonkill occurred. The Hendriki rulers were thrown into confusion while the Uz demanded tribute.
- In 1125 ST, the Grandmothers Council met in Nochet and halved the Hendriki domains in Esrolia.
- In 1145 ST, Finelvanth began reconquering the lost Esrolian territories.
- In 1148 ST, the Grandmothers made peace with Finelvanth and married him to Queen Aranda
- In 1149 ST, Finelvanth became the High King of the Hendriki
- In 1155 ST, Finelvanth publically betrayed his Queen, leading to his divorce and the start of Aranda's War
- In 1166 ST, the Hendriki chiefs of Rhigos repudiated Finelvanth and declared Erinsulva as their Queen.
- In 1168 ST, Aranda's War ended with the total expulsion of the Hendriki
- In 1170 ST, Caselain arrived in Rhigos, the first of the Trader Princes to do so.
- In 1247 ST, the Rebellion of the False Imarjan began.
- In 1250 ST, the False Imarjan's rebellion ended.
- In 1313 ST, Belintar arrived in Kethaela beginning a rebellion against Ezkankekko
- In 1318 ST, Esrolia became one of the Sixths of the Holy Country under Belintar's rule.
- Around 1450 ST, Bruvala was High Queen
- In 1580 ST, Dormal the Sailor set sail from Nochet beginning the Opening of the Oceans.
- In 1603 ST, the Grazers raided Esrolia for the next two years.
- In 1605 ST, the Lunar Empire attempted to invade Esrolia but were defeated at the Building Wall Battle
- In 1606 ST, the Esrolian army raided the Grazelands for the next three years.
- In 1609 ST, the Esrolians were raided by the Grazers and the Ditali.
- In 1610 ST, the Esrolians raided the Ditali and returned home in the next year.
- In 1614 ST, some border cities were plundered in Greymane's First Raid
- In 1616 ST, Belintar disappeared. The Esrolians invaded the Ditali together with the Caladrans and were destroyed in the Lion King's Feast
- In 1618 ST, Greymane lead an army into Esrolia , taking much plunder and avoiding decisive battles.
- In 1619 ST, renewed raiding by the Grazers took place and continued into the next year.
Features[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.