Emperor's role in the history of Dara Happa[edit | edit source]
- The Emperor was a living god, the leader of the Empire, the High Priest of Yelm and the Bearer of Antirius.
- To be an Emperor, a candidate must be descended from a God or another Emperor within four generations and have passed the Ten Tests.
- The Emperor was no longer considered to be a God in a repudiation of the Nysaloran ideas of the Bright Empire.
- After repeated clashes with the Nobility, the Emperors began to devolve their powers and authorities to the Commoners, becoming a ceremonial ruler.
- This was later blamed for causing the Empire's fall to Umbarism.
- In a reaction against the practices of the previous dynasty, the Emperor became a political leader rather than a religious leader.
- He did not lead the sacrifices.
- In Karvanyar, the Emperor was a heroic ruler.
- After a Carmanian regency, a purification of the Empire from supposed Carmanian ideas took place.
- In particular, the Emperor became a magical and non-political figure in charge of wielding the power of Yelm.
- A major change in eligibility took place with establishment of the Eleventh Test which allowed previously ineligible candidates to become Emperor.
- After the Carmanian conquest, the Emperors were Carmanians in line to succeed the Shah.
- After Bisodakar, a native Dara Happan was appointed as Emperor.
- After a short-lived Dara Happan restoration, TakenEgi and his lunar successors have been Emperor of Dara Happa since.
List of Emperors[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.