Emperor of Dara Happa, literally Ern Azali baka est ja, the Namer of Life and Death is the earthly representative of the Sun God Yelm.
Emperor's role in the history of Dara Happa
- The Emperor was a living god, the leader of the Empire, the High Priest of Yelm and the Bearer of Antirius.
- To be an Emperor, a candidate must be descended from a God or another Emperor within four generations and have passed the Ten Tests.
- The Emperor was no longer considered to be a God in a repudiation of the Nysaloran ideas of the Bright Empire.
- After repeated clashes with the Nobility, the Emperors began to devolve their powers and authorities to the Commoners, becoming a ceremonial ruler.
- This was later blamed for causing the Empire's fall to Umbarism.
- In a reaction against the practices of the previous dynasty, the Emperor became a political leader rather than a religious leader.
- He did not lead the sacrifices.
- In Karvanyar, the Emperor was a heroic ruler.
- After a Carmanian regency, a purification of the Empire from supposed Carmanian ideas took place.
- In particular, the Emperor became a magical and non-political figure in charge of wielding the power of Yelm.
- A major change in eligibility took place with establishment of the Eleventh Test which allowed previously ineligible candidates to become Emperor.
- After the Carmanian conquest, the Emperors were Carmanians in line to succeed the Shah.
- After Bisodakar, a native Dara Happan was appointed as Emperor.
- After a short-lived Dara Happan restoration, TakenEgi and his lunar successors have been Emperor of Dara Happa since.
List of Emperors
Below is mainly based on the Fortunate Succession, the list of the Emperors of Dara Happa: