- Also known as Earthshakers, Thunderbeasts, Quakebeasts, Shakerbeasts.
- Gazzam is a Dara Happan name given to these creatures, so-called because they shake the earth.
- They are widely believed to be relics of the Green Age.
- Their origins, appearances and behaviour are diverse, so much so that the only common element they have is that they are large and shake the earth when they walk.
The following types are known:
- Several species of dinosaurs are native to Dragon Pass
- A dinosaur killed Prince Terasarin of Sartar
- Kalanth the Plow Priest used them to raid the Liornvuli.
- Arene Thunderqueen was known for taming Triceratops.
- Dinosaurs live in the Trachodon Marsh
- Murharzarm was known to split up a herd of gazzam to resolve an inheritance dispute.
- Urvairinus had the champion of YarGan drawn and quartered by four Gazzam.
- Dinosaurs are common here, herded by both the Jaskali and the Friendlies
- Dinosaurs are found around the Green Lake
- The Headman Fort has weaponry for use against Dinosaurs.
- Swamp dinosaurs are safely hunted in Porlaso Yoma
- The White Woods are unsuitable for large dinosaurs.
- Home to aquatic dinosaurs.
- Dinosaurs are found in the Sozganjio
- The Slarges of Wongarissi have domesticated dinosaurs.
- Dinosaurs are common in the Sligo River valley.
- The Guruch Tomoni foothills are full of dinosaurs.
- Dinosaurs are associated with Dinosaur Hill